- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Subcomponent: Form Framework (ext:form)
- Release Date: December 17, 2019
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 8.0.0-8.7.29 and 9.0.0-9.5.11 and 10.0.0-10.2.0
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS v3.1:AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- CVE:not assigned yet
It has been discovered that the output of field validation errors in the Form Framework is vulnerable to cross-site scripting.
Update to TYPO3 versions 8.7.30 or 9.5.12 or 10.2.2 that fix the problem described.
Thanks to Aslam Idrisov and an anonymous contributor who reported this issue and to TYPO3 framework merger Frank Nägler who fixed the issue.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.